Tokyo Images

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Fri Dec 11 20:06:23 CET 2015

Op 28-11-2015 om 06:06 schreef deeplfo:

> For fans of Japan/Tokyo on the bar:
>
> https://medium.com/@damjancvetkovdimitrov/these-photos-are-why-i-m-trapped-in-tokyo-forever-now-1a0ea980bcc5#.ptsgidwal

There are very few places outside Europe that I'm interested in
visiting. Japan and Tokyo in particular are two of them.

Still, though, I think the Japanese, like the British, are very good at
exporting their culture -or more accurately, what others perceive their
culture to be like- and making everybody believe how incredible they are.

The irony of Japan is that their offices are like 20 years behind the
West (and most of Asia I'd guess). They still work with fax. They're so
afraid of failure, that managers are extremely reluctant to introduce
change. It's like the polar opposite of Silicon Valley and I can't
imagine what it would be like to be running a software development firm
there.

"Say, there's this thing called Agile..."

- Peter