Cancer and how to kill one

diode diodeladder at free.fr
Mon Aug 17 13:11:14 CEST 2015

Le 16 août 2015 à 23:56, Peter Korsten a écrit :

> Op 16-8-2015 om 15:50 schreef diode:
>
>> In fact, if someone ill beyond the first contact wants to talk about it, he will. But getting back to it always from the exterior is reductive.
>
> In my experience, if people want to talk about something (be it an illness, or a loss, or some other tragic event in their lives) they will. If they don't talk about it, chances are they don't want to.
>
> Then again, I have serious issues gauging people's moods, so I play it safe.

That's the point.

>> I'm a dangerous atheist, and as a good neo-darwinist, my life has no meaning whatsoever. ;)
>> I know it can be shocking for spiritual people, but I'm stardust, and will be recycled into the earth ecosystem. Does it make sense? For me certainly not beyond the use and re-use of atoms other eons of time. And there's not information sent along the way, atoms have no memory.
>
> Could be worse, you could be a materialist like I. :) The difference being that an atheist does not exclude the possibility that there's 'something', whereas a materialist does.

I don't think we make such difference between atheism and materialism in France. We have the largest level of atheists in the population and historically it's been mingled in the fight against the catholic church that led to the 1905 law on separation of church and state, and laïcity (in the french meaning).

> It also means that for me, this is the one life I have, no second chances. An incredible mind with serious deficiencies, which will be entirely forgotten in 100 years time. And it leads to regret, now, and a feeling of wasted time and opportunities because of what I didn't know then.

I'm not even sure the people we use toremember after 100 years are all worth it… :o)

> Which is why I think that one should live life to the full, carpe diem, and get the most out of every moment that you can. I suppose that this is the attitude that you're taking.

I'm having fun, it compensate the days of side effects, and I don't live only for cancer. I'm getting out of the downside of the last chemo, hopefully. At least on the tiredness side.

diode
diodeladder at free.fr