Cancer and how to kill one

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sun Aug 16 23:56:33 CEST 2015

Op 16-8-2015 om 15:50 schreef diode:

> In fact, if someone ill beyond the first contact wants to talk about it, he will. But getting back to it always from the exterior is reductive.

In my experience, if people want to talk about something (be it an
illness, or a loss, or some other tragic event in their lives) they
will. If they don't talk about it, chances are they don't want to.

Then again, I have serious issues gauging people's moods, so I play it safe.

> I'm a dangerous atheist, and as a good neo-darwinist, my life has no meaning whatsoever. ;)
> I know it can be shocking for spiritual people, but I'm stardust, and will be recycled into the earth ecosystem. Does it make sense? For me certainly not beyond the use and re-use of atoms other eons of time. And there's not information sent along the way, atoms have no memory.

Could be worse, you could be a materialist like I. :) The difference
being that an atheist does not exclude the possibility that there's
'something', whereas a materialist does.

It also means that for me, this is the one life I have, no second
chances. An incredible mind with serious deficiencies, which will be
entirely forgotten in 100 years time. And it leads to regret, now, and a
feeling of wasted time and opportunities because of what I didn't know then.

Which is why I think that one should live life to the full, carpe diem,
and get the most out of every moment that you can. I suppose that this
is the attitude that you're taking.

- Peter