Re: Doepfer in German Süddeutsche Zeitung

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:09:21 CEST 2015

I don’t think now-a-days they should show that giant rack. It shuts peoples brains off, I would have shown a more modest system in reach of a larger percentage of the population. Morton Subotnick’s prediction/goal was that we would reach a point where everyone/anyone would have an electronic music “easel” in their home and be able to make music. This is true with computers and things like the iPad of course, but I think modular should continue the journey for appeal to a broader audience.

Eurorack is so democratic eventually it will be come a political party. Serge party would not show up as they were still busy putting things together. Buchla party thought a tree was talking to them and then got lost in the woods. 5U party could not get a ride because they were over the max load/size capacity. Frac guys show up but they don’t say much and most people are not really sure who they are.