Balanced audio cable length

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 19:48:43 CEST 2015

I have a cable question, and wanted to check with you guys.

I recently bought 2 hardware processors, an API 5500 dual eq, and a Rupert Neve Master Bus Processor. My plan is to use them for tracking into the daw and then on the master bus out of the daw for some pre-mastering/mastering type applications. My plan was to connect each individually to my patch bay in thru mode, so I can patch them however I want via the front panel.

My rack, where I would ideally place them is across the room away from the optimal listing position of my monitors so I wanted the option of placing them closer while the patch bay stayed in the same place. So I got 20ft balanced xlr to trs cables for the in/out on each. Anyone think this length might be an issue? I have read technically there shouldn't be any issues but wanted to see if anyone had any opinions since this is my first foray into super high end.

Thx,