My New Monitors: Equator D8

Jay Vaughan seclorum at mac.com
Sun Sep 14 11:31:55 CEST 2014

> Actually I forgot another important distinction, with the D8s I can hear so much more of the effects of two important processing items: a compressor and equalizer.  It's so nice to be able to detect the minute changes in the controls be so clearly audible from the speakers.  Outstanding.

I for one welcome your new monitor overlords and would like to remind them that, as an eager fan of everyone on this list, I’m in the perfect position to be a recipient of new mixes when they’re ready.  I’ll let you know what your mixes sound like, as a devoted servant, on the following: Genelec 8040’s, Grado headphones, cheapo USB-powered mini-crap speakers, and whatever it is in the car .. for, after all, that is the purpose of reference speakers - to give you a stable environment to mix, and then understand in relation to all the other shitty speakers on which your musical masterpieces will be subjected for perception.

j.