My New Monitors: Equator D8

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Fri Sep 12 22:31:53 CEST 2014

On 12 sep. 2014, at 21:45, deeplfo <deeplfo at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, one of the things that bugged me about the Adam's were that I felt it operated a bit too hot; it didn't take much output from my end to drive these guys.  And now comes the D8s, woowowow....these things sound so amazingly good, it's unreal the difference.  And here I was thinking highly of the Adams, but testing them side by side totally made it clear how studio monitors should sound.  D8 are truly amazing.  It has made a whole world of difference and am going to share some sounds hopefully soon.

Interesting... I'm having these Tannoy Active Reveals now since... March 2003. They still work quite well, but perhaps my ears are up for something fresh. Interested in seeing that they use a DSP to separate the bands... something that has bugged me always, such a simple circuit for something that should be tuned quite precise.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL