Pro Tools?

Michael Zacherl mubar04 at blauwurf.at
Tue Nov 25 15:19:27 CET 2014

On 25.Nov 2014, at 14:59 , K9 Kai Niggemann <kai at kainiggemann.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info, Michael.
>
> I think what irks me most about Logic is the change to the one-window thing. Ever since, I feel it's a lot less fun and it still feels like I'm working with one arm tied to my back.
>
> Reaper is definitely something I'm aware of, I miss Logic's sample editor in Reaper, though.

I'm still with Logic 9 on my old machine.
No interest at all in the newer versions.

On my new laptop its just Live 9.
Indeed I do miss Soundtrack Pro which served me well.
I now got a license of DSP-Quattro, which is ok-ish, but sometimes a bit strange.

> Old-fashioned seems to be something I consider positive in this respect..;)

can't really speak for v11, there were changes but rather not 'Apple-style'. ;)

> Tonight I'll get my iLok and install the demo while reading the SOS article..! ;-)

also read the v10 review - IIRC it also describes the transition from Digidesign to Avid (or was it v9?),
and you get a better image of the ideas behind this DAW.
Anyway, the Pro Tools Tips & Techniques column is worth a browse also.

HTH, m.

--
http://mz.klingt.org