Thinking of going: Bitcoin 2014

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Sat Mar 8 13:01:04 CET 2014

On 8 mrt. 2014, at 11:44, Jay Vaughan <seclorum at mac.com> wrote:

> All money is ‘fake money’.  Bitcoin is a currency without centralized control.
>
> Interesting to know the alternative viewpoints from everyone.

My thoughts:

* As long as Bitcoin is worth anything in any other currency it's useful as a tool (buy BTC with $€¥, transfer BTC, exchange BTC to ¥€$).
* I'm impressed with the resilience of BTC the last few weeks. I would've expected BTC to be back at <100$ levels. But perhaps it's just being stabilized by the founders.
* The volume of real BTC transactions is tiny. Not many pizza's are being bought with BTC thus far.
* All in all it's very interesting. It looks a bit like what was happening at the time of the early internet - lots of skepticism! Never gonna work! And I notice some sour grapes along a lot of a bit older techies, myself included...

I don't have any BTC but if I had an online service I might accept BTC as an alternative form of payment - just for fun and because Bitcoin's a cool concept.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL