Tokyo

deeplfo deeplfo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 04:38:41 CEST 2014

Jay had some good notes, but I would stay away from Roppongi on the gaijin night out :-)

I would however suggest:

- definitely take the Narita Express train if you are flying into Narita.  The worst thing after a long flight is to sit in a car/bus to get to city center.  Totaly take the train.  At the airport ho downstairs to the NEX area.

- when you get to the NEX ticket office, buy one of the passes that pays for your NEX fare, as well as left overs for the Tokyo metro system, just ask what their latest offering is for that.  There is nothing more frustrating than trying to sort out ticket machines that you are
not familiar with.

- Hoods to check out: Shibuya, Shinjuku, Akihabra, and the Yoyogi Park area.  On Sunday the Omatosando by the park gets closed to cars and is great to walk around.  And actually there is a fantatic walk from Shibuya to Yoyogi, that if your are up for is really nice hood checking activity.  Shibuya has some great food and shopping.

-  Defo check out Tower Records in Shibuya for some nice shopping.

- There is a fantastic toy shop on Omatosando that's worth checking out. My R2D2 came from there.

I'm writing this as our flight from SFO to Berlin is delayed, so I'll write more if I remember.

Mohsen