Listening to: Minilogue

declan at degomusic.net declan at degomusic.net
Thu Jan 30 17:14:39 CET 2014

Quoting Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at outlook.com>:

I construct songs as sound layers rather than looping events.  I find
this makes me listen to the flow of the song more than creating
structures by loop factors of 4.    Songs start out as gigantic blobs
that I chisel down rather than a bunch of small bricks that I build up.
<

I like this.

I sometimes struggle with the arrangement of a track and wonder how I
can approach it differently.  Maybe Ableton is the problem and I need
to look at something else.  Maybe I am the problem and I need to look
somewhere else.

Declan.