Another idea for Jay - Midi Controller

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Sun Jan 12 12:03:37 CET 2014

Hey Jay

Another idea:  I have one of these PE thingies for my MKS80:

http://muzykuj.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/KiwiTechnicsPatchEditor_03.jpg

As far as I am aware, there is not a general purpose MIDI controller that
follows this design where the controller is setup to look like a synth, with
ADSRs etc.

So, a completely generic and programmable MDI controller for CC/SYSEX/NRPN
but "standard" sections that aim to cover features that most synths have:

2 Example sections:

LFO:

-          Wave

-          Rate

-          Depth

-          Knob1

Filter:

-          Cutoff

-          Res

-          Env (slider)

-          Key (slider)

-          A (slider)

-          D (slider)

-          S (slider)

-          R (slider)

-          Knob1

-          Knob2

The idea with the "Knob1" etc in each section is just to have a spare knobs
or sliders for that section.

There will also be an extra part of the controller with just a regular knob
or slider bank, maybe with a Novation Zero sexy LCD to show what they are
setup for.

Just an idea..

Paul

London