Sequencer Idea

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Thu Jan 9 16:03:45 CET 2014

On 09/01/14 14:44, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> A little slider thingy that you move when you’re playing something
> you like, and it applies a searchable ‘how much the player liked what
> they did’ value in the timeline.  “Go back and show me all the things
> I sort of liked .. now replay all the things that I really liked..”

something like this would work well for audio. even though it's
trivial in a workstation context, actually the need to click a
mouse or operate a keyboard interferes with playing, and i've
got close to the point of writing code for this (but avoided it,
because the major part (99%) is UI, and that's pretty boring).

would have been an audio recorder app, with metadata

also, prioritizing sections on review is something i've found
useful (by giving a value from 1-10 in ardour's timeline)

conceptually, accessing the results from being "in the flow"
are a high priority, and quick organisation of large amounts
of serial data is helpful with this.

although i've yet to find anything better than pencil and paper
(printed with a piano-roll graph of the music), scribbled upon
while listening and pacing up and down.

t.