If you could design a music product ..

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Thu Jan 9 15:59:24 CET 2014

Andrew Tarpinian schreef op 9-1-2014 03:55:

> We need to marry the immediacy of "the jam" with the technical
> precision and structure of "the track." :)

How would you do that? How would you have a couple of guys (and a
good-looking female vocalist if possible) work together to come up with
something that could pass for a song?

I'm sure that the technology is there. It just takes some clever
thinking to come up with this.

To give a perhaps entirely unconnected example: my 14-year old nephew
got a PlayStation 4 for Christmas. When we came to visit, he and his
brother were playing a football game. This game was INCREDIBLE. It was
like looking at a real match, including two English commentators who
were commenting on the game as it progressed.

I mentioned this, and the siblings (which includes their sister, who
likes gaming as well) said "yeah, the graphics are really good, you
should see Battlefield". But I was thinking, sod the graphics. What
happened is that some people at this game firm did some pretty deep
research (and obviously evolved between versions) to come up with
something that looks like a real football match. And all this controlled
with two game controllers.

So yeah, this could be possible as well for music, but it would require
some clever people and original thinking.

- Peter