If you could design a music product ..

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Tue Jan 7 22:46:19 CET 2014

Hey Andrew

> You mean the metropolis right?

Yeah, I got the name wrong..

> Pittsburg case/power/sides is $160 + then a midi module of your choosing,
+
> some cables and you're done. Don't you already have as ES-3 or something.

Yeah, I already have a TipTop rack with just two Expert Sleeper units (ES3
and ES5).  So, I could get a Metropolis but, don't want it in a modular
format and, without MIDI, it is limited use for me.

> Plus by next year you will have a case 20x this size :)

I guarantee you I wont :)  I am just as likely to swap all my synths for
VA's and romplers then I am to get into Modular synths.  Sure, I could
consider getting utility units (like my ES3 and ES5) but modular is the
polar opposite to what gets me hot.  I know this as even my MS20 get
switched on every 5 years, mainly because Im too lazy to work with it.

Actually, I can quantify the above statement using an example: the synth
that probably appears on the most pD tracks is a Korg 900ps:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/korg/900ps.php

:(

Paul
London