Listening to: Minilogue

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Sun Feb 23 22:40:18 CET 2014

On 23/02/14 20:40, Peter Korsten wrote:
> It's the same reason that you won't see me in the Tate Modern, because
> no, I don't think that Mickey Mouse moving in and out of focus, or
> canned shit, count as art. Make at least a bit of an effort.

it was there i got to see gerhard richter's work, which is one example
of how far one can veer from the purely figurative without the method
taking over fully from the artist's eye, and there is work there by
the surrealists, and much else besides

occasionally one wanders into a room where someone's obviously left
something unfinished, or, so it appears

and it's in a power station. context is all ;)

amazing views of the thames, rain or sun, whether the art is in
the frame or out of it, remains the unanswered question

t.