Korg analog spree

Mikael Hansson forums at deadmengods.com
Wed Feb 19 18:29:29 CET 2014

On 19 feb 2014, at 18:08, K9 Kai Niggemann <kai at kainiggemann.com> wrote:

> I can't wait to hear what was in Roland's sleeve for so long... In the end who cares if it's digital, modelled, sampled -- the Machine Drum is quite digital and seems to be a well liked instrument, non the less...

Well, it was unveiled last Friday so you won't have to wait anymore :-)

http://www.roland.co.uk/aira
Check here for some videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/sonicstate/videos

The TR8 seems like a nice sounding machine but clearly not aimed at someone like me. Almost no storage of kits or patterns so it's aimed at realtime jamming I guess, not so much at composition and studio work :-|
Quite cheap though at around 450 euros.

/Micke