New Monitor - LG Widescreen 34UM95-P ?

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 22:04:15 CET 2014

Someone mentioned 4k / 5k monitors the other day and Ive been reading up on
them.  However, I quite like this fella:

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UM95-P-ultrawide-monitor

Decided against the 4k option as read comments about how at full resolution
text becomes difficult to read.

Most of these super wide monitors only do 1080 pixels vertical (duh!!) and
it seems I need to go for 34 inches to get a proper vertical resolution
(1440).  Shame as I don't really want a 34 monitor..

UK price from Amazon is about 820euro but I can put it through a company to
my true cost is less than 500euro.

I work from home a lot so like the idea of splitting my screen up for my
remote work session / personal stuff..

Btw, if anyone knows of a 29 widescreen with 1200 or more vertical pixels,
that would be fab!!

ta

Paul

London