Wot is yor DAW? (was: RE: OK, I Give Up)

Martin Naef mnaef at navisto.ch
Sun Dec 14 21:41:48 CET 2014

Hi All

On 10.12.2014 10:18, random variate wrote:
 > Out of interest, what are Barians running?

Still around in lurking mode...

I haven't upgraded my rig in ages, the only upgrades in the last five
years have been a mobile recording device (Tascam DR 680) and Samplitude
X, which reflects my main music activities: Recording classical concerts.

So I'm still using a seven or eight years old Dell XPS 420 with 2.4GHz
Quad Core CPU, Sonar 7 as the DAW for MIDI, the even older MOTU 2408/308
and 2x 1224 interfaces, plus plenty of MIDI synths and outboard
processing devices. I haven't felt the need for more power since,
although the PC is getting a bit long in the tooth...

Bye
Martin