Audio on Mac

ibi sum ibisum at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 10:51:59 CET 2014

> So, no surprise with this question from me now:  what's the preferred audio interface to use with macs?  Just want to see what all of yous are using in that department?

On my end of things, I’m still using my old faithful cheap and great Presonus Firepods, which give 10 channels per unit (2x in my rack) over Firewire .. just plug it in, everything works, multitrack away .. only, I don’t use this with my Mac at all, since my preferred DAW is Linux-based .. but it works just as smoothly there, too .. plug and play, 20+ channels of i/o to use, end of dilemma.

Of course these days there are much fancier options, but you can’t beat the price on a second-hand FP10 as a way to just get everything wired up in the rack ..

j.