Label and pigeon-hole yourselves.....

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at outlook.com
Mon Aug 25 16:10:36 CEST 2014

Producing:
I've been working on a weird industrial/ambient cross breed called 'NoiseTheorem'.   I've got one album out that I am happy with but could use improvement, and a second album I finished...but won't release (It's full of ideas but not exact in execution).   I've started work on a third and I am looking for collaborators.
I am also working on a new Industrial project (sometimes, you just gotta do what you know) called 'Circuit Jerk'.  I've got a couple EE friends who are big fetish freaks working on a two way interface between my modular synth and some freak BDSM electrostim harness thingie for live performance.  I give it a 1 in 10 shot of ever being completed and a 1 in 1000 shot of finding anyone crazy enough to let themselves be hooked up to it (of course, this is Chicago...there are a lot of people).
Listening:
I've been listening to a lot of environmental recordings.  Lots of air conditioners and sewer drains and the like.  I've also been listening to a lot of ambient and industrial and getting ideas.  For some reason, I've been on a classic 80's industrial kick, pulling out the old Front 242 and Nitzer Ebb records for the first time in probably a decade.
Tony