Label and pigeon-hole yourselves.....

Declan Gorman declan at degomusic.net
Sun Aug 24 10:07:31 CEST 2014

Hi Nigel,
   Great topic. :)

**Producing**
   I am still dipping into various genres and never know what I am going
to write until I sit in front of the keyboard.  These days I use a
combination of Ableton Live and Maschine and I find both are great for
quickly getting an idea out of my head.  I made a conscious decision
some time ago to share everything I write with the world which is why
there are now 78 tracks on my SoundCloud.  I don't see the point in
spending time writing music that just sits on your hard drive and nobody
gets to hear it.  I am quite proud of a recent remix/edit I did of a
Moby track called A Case For Shame
<https://soundcloud.com/dego/moby-cold-specks-dego> so that's a good
starting point if you are interested in hearing something.  The last
track I did, Light to Dark <https://soundcloud.com/dego/light-to-dark>,
has a video <https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152720928029095>
that you guys might appreciate.

**Listening**
   I still like to listen to DJ mixes so I get a lot of inspiration from
them.  I also like to go to independent music festivals where I get to
hear a lot of new unsigned music.  There is nothing better than sitting
in a field with hundreds of strangers listening to music. ;)
The last few records I bought were Volcano Choir - Repave
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADWw-pYtyMw>, Moby - Innocents
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txksGGB60FM&list=PLMn5Yl6eGoIzbmwxxQrMGLZNuAk4jB6in>,
The Strypes - Snapshot <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u34KCGAYSyE> ,
Dub FX - Theory Of Harmony <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuNMBsrbv10>
and Donnacha Constello - Together Is the New Alone
<http://donnachacostello.bandcamp.com/album/together-is-the-new-alone>.
All very different but they each excite me in a very different way.

   Having gone through your SoundCloud tracks I have to say that I am
looking forward to hearing whatever music you decide to share with us.
game again is a very nice track, it has a really nice mood to it and the
dubby synth hits are beautiful.

Regards,

Declan.