Wageningen Accommodation

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Mon Sep 16 21:27:22 CEST 2013

Hi Paul,

Op 16-9-2013 21:13, punkdISCO schreef:
> Hey all - mainly Gert J
>
> So, accommodation is proving to be a pain in the bum.  As
> expected, the two central hotels are fully booked Fri/Sat (Hof
> van Wageningen).

As I mentioned in the e-mail before this one:

"I think we still have 1 space left in our house of the official
4. I will have to ask Kristin if we can make that 2.

If that's going to be a problem (space wise), I might have a
couple of friends in the neighbourhood who can spare a room for a
couple of days."

Plus we're going to get us a couple of new aerobeds. Anyways, I'm
sure we can work something out :-)

BTW: did you search for "bed and breakfast wageningen?" I just
found out there's at least 3 or 4 in the vivinity. I never knew
that, so perhaps they still have room. Tony HB is in the
"Willemshoeve".

> Questions:
>
> 1)If we fly, it will be to Amsterdam. How difficult for stupid
> people to work out the 2 train legs to Wageningen and, are the
> trains expensive when you just pay on the day?

There is some info here:

http://www.wageningenur.nl/nl/show/How-to-reach-Wageningen-from-Schiphol-Airport.htm

You can buy tickets in the yellow/blue machines in the big hall
at Schiphol. If your bank card doesn't work, you will need to go
to the information desk, they will explain everything.

Second class for two adults is €14,10 per person. Takes about
60-75 minutes. 1 change at Utrecht.
In Ede-Wageningen you need to take the bus, or when you're lucky,
I have time to pick you up.

> 2)Can anyone recommend some hotels?  Looking at booking.com, the
> available hotels are like 4 miles from Wageningen.  I guess if we
> drive that is not a problem and we can get taxi’s in the evening.
>
> Any hot tips?

Check B&B. There are a couple in the vivinity.

Cheers,

--
Gert

gert van santen