Need a lightshow for your stage act?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Thu Sep 12 17:07:07 CEST 2013

I recently got one of these to experiment with (its open source):

    http://magicshifter.net

.. and the thing seriously kicks ass!  I never thought I'd ever be so impressed with a fancy flashlight, but you can do coooooool things with it!   It has a built in UV-light (good for you, Punkdisco!), it can sample colors from the environment - point it at a color, thats the color of your light - it has a motion sensor (use it to scare the neighbors cat), it'll do every variety of light show you can imagine, and its *BRIGHT* (almost too much) as well as funky - it has a series of built-in persistence-of-vision bitmaps that you can just wave in the air!

So if any of you guys want one, let me know - I know the developer - and I'd be happy to set you up.  ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan