Re: The Security Übermensch

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Sat Sep 7 12:24:45 CEST 2013

> One of our working theories is that any democracy can be turned into a dictatorship within two electoral terms.  What would happen if orban had the means of the NSA available to him? What would happen if the USA would vote for a far right wing populist next time?

Indeed, in all the "What If ..?" arguments that are made against, and *for* the security privileged super-state, these questions need to be added to the list and bumped up in priority in the discussion.

We see what happens: just look at Syria.  Nokia gave AlAssad all the tools he needs to find his terrorists.  So, the freedom-fighters use kiddy toys and holes in the wall to communicate, instead.

> Our piece will be staged in Bonn, Düsseldorf, Köln and Münster in October, let me know if you'd like to see it...;)

I'd love to see it in Vienna.  How can we make it happen?  Shall I ask the monochrom.at guys if you're qualified for the artists-in-residence thing that happens at Museums Quartier?  Tell me how this sort of thing typically works, and I'll wet the tracks ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan