Anyone in New York want a fully loaded SGI Onyx2 workstation?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Mon Sep 2 17:20:07 CEST 2013

> Out of curiosity: What is "fully loaded" in this case? How many CPUs, how many pipes?

Its a deskside system (not a Rack) and has the full complement of R5k, RAM, and Reality-Engine that you can pack into such a box ..

> (And no, I don't have the electricity supply at home that can support a fully equipped Onx2 rack system...)

Oh, p'shaw, these machines don't consume much more power than your average refrigerator, and they still work, godamnit!  :)

But yeah, not exactly bleeding edge.  I just want to get the machine into my/our possession somehow, so that it can one day find its rightful place alongside my SGI O2, the BeBox, the Oric Telestrat, the Atmos fleet, the Portfolio, the C64 hive, and all the other boxen in my "Machines for the Computer Museum I'll be the Curator of in my 70's", ho ho, hah ha, lol ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan