XP Support - dropped by NI!

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sun Nov 24 23:23:57 CET 2013

punkdISCO schreef op 24-11-2013 21:05:

> So, I paid my 100euro for Maschine 2.0 but it looks like NI dropped
> support for XP 1 year ago!  Bugger!
>
> If XP really is dead for music, what is the least hassle OS for
> windows?  Win 7?

Windows XP is 2003 software... Microsoft will stop supporting it in
March 2014, so it doesn't make sense for a manufacturer to keep
supporting that platform.

Windows 7 is nice. Windows 8 is Windows 7 with an annoying graphic
shell. Windows 8.1is Windows 8 with some, but not all, of the annoyances
alleviated.

On the other hand, Windows 8 is a lot faster on the same hardware than
Windows 7. With an SSD as your main drive, it flies.

If you buy the retail version of Windows 7, you should get both the 32
bits and 64 bits installation DVD. With an upgrade, that's usually not
the case.

Think very well, though, before installing a 32-bits Windows OS, because
it supports only something like 3.6 GB of memory.

- Peter