Did meeting everyone live chill out the -bar a bit?

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Fri Nov 8 15:55:47 CET 2013

Gert van Santen schreef op 8-11-2013 15:31:

> Peter Korsten schreef op 8-11-2013 15:27:
>> I actually have a photo of my wife feeding him the ice cream that
>> made him sick...
>
> That's... well... ouch :-/

The thing is, we had just returned from the Netherlands, and normally,
there's a certain incubation period. So we were trying to find out where
in the Netherlands –which means, at my parents' house– he could have
gotten infected. This obviously caused a lot of stress.

Much later, I was going through the photos from my phone, and it hit me.
One photo he's eating ice cream, the next he's being admitted to
hospital. Not a nice realisation.

The place where they had the contaminated ice cream, the Magic Kiosk in
Sliema, has closed down a long time ago, although it was not because of
health & safety issues. It's now become a nice little square with a
funny fountain and free wi-fi. So there's only the photographs to remind
us, which on second thought I decided not to attach to this e-mail.

- Peter