DSP in a box ..

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Fri May 31 19:15:05 CEST 2013

On 31/05/13 18:03, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> Hmm.. this is actually starting to get a little boring, but .. could have a future?
>
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/marser/owl-programmable-effects-pedal

you could look at this project on its own merits, in which case, there
have been dozens
like it we've seen before, and which have failed to gain critical mass

the reasons why this is different are simple: whatever algorithms you
write (or lift
from whatever open source project you prefer) can be used without
significant translation
cost.

if this project fails, the code you write for it will run somewhere
else, with only minor
shoe-horning

so good luck to the guy (in hoxton, so will watch out for him)

Tony (HB)