DSI Tempest

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Mon May 13 22:22:58 CEST 2013

So, I got the Tempest on Friday; for the first time in a decade, I don't
have any Jomox drums in my studio (but still got the SunSyn).

But yeah, the Tempest is a lot of fun..  It more hands on than Maschine /
better at jamming and coming up with new ideas.

It sounds pretty good - it does not have the instant raw sound you get with
Jomox but Im sure it is capable, you just have to work a little for it..

It's a lot easier to use than Spark and Maschine.

I spent quite a while playing it from my PEK on Sunday, just as a regular 6
voice poly synth.  Again, being able to do that makes it pretty good value
for money:  6 voices, each with:
	2 x digi oscillators (including Prophet VS waves)
	2 x analogue oscillators
	1 x sub
	LPF + HPF
	5 envs + 2 LFOs
	Analogue stereo compressor and distortion.

I know have to decide what stays: Maschine / Spark / Tempest.  I think
Tempest is probably going to be the easy winner so ill just have to see how
the other two get on.

Finally, Tempest makes me even more sad for my Spark - Spark sounds as
good/better than even my Jomox 999 but, its feck all use because the
interface is only slightly more instant than a Yamaha FS1R!

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk