iPad help needed

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Tue Mar 19 08:30:47 CET 2013

Hi Andy,

> Those should be all the pics and movies yea. I'm guessing on PC these
> don't sync to anything? Cuz on Mac it syncs to iPhoto. Apple has a
> whole support page on their site:
> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083
>
> Don't you sync the iPad with a computer/iTunes or over the air iCloud?
> Everything else would be backed up and you would do a restore after
> the reset. It's possible some apps/games may not retain their internal
> save data, but I think most do now? Last time I did something like
> this they did not, but times have changed.
>
> You have to do a reset if you don't have the code.

I've installed iTunes (on his PC, not mine) after this, but the problem
is that the restrictions code (a four digit number) is stored in the
backup as well.

I'm doing a restore now from iTunes (because you need the restrictions
code to do a factory reset) and see what happens. There's only a couple
of photos and videos there, plus the progress in games. The one game
that is most important (Pet Shop Story) stores the progress on the
manufacturer's servers. So I'm just having a go at it and see what happens.

But really, I don't know if it's just me, but I can't seem to work with
Apple products without something breaking spectacularly. No such
problems with my Android phone.

- Peter