Elektron Analog Four

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 22:43:58 CET 2013

The LCD is just too small.  They not only reduced the size of it, but they
increased the amount of parameters you are working with on a single page.
 Maybe I am getting old, but everything is so dense I have trouble reading
it.  I am getting used to it as I use it, but the three letter acronym
syndrome definitely doesn't help.

The trade off is more physical controls on the front panel, which I cannot
argue with.  I just wish Elektron had chosen to go to 5U and keep a bigger
display than cut the display so much and keep the same exact  size factor
as their other gear.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Mikael Hansson <forums at deadmengods.com>wrote:

> Ok, then I get it and agree that it would be useful :-)
>
> What was the thing about the lcd you wrote on fb? I don't think it's that
> bad :-)
>
> /Micke
>
> On 1 mar 2013, at 22:15, Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Mikael Hansson <forums at deadmengods.com>wrote:
>

>> Maybe I don't get it, but you can copy the pattern and then paste it in a
>> new location...
>>

> You can, but if you do this while the sequencer is running, then you will
> have to switch to an empty pattern and more than likely miss the first beat
> doing the paste operation.
>
> My writing flow has become very dynamic and I don't like the stops or
> interruptions.
>
> Tony

NoiseTheorem:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NoiseTheorem