Beaglebone black

Tony Hardie-Bick tony at entity.net
Thu Jun 27 12:00:12 CEST 2013

On 27/06/13 08:52, Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] wrote:
> http://nonlinear-labs.de/blog/threebrains/threebrains.html
>
> Even though I'd be personally shit scared of using a three legged
> monsted at the core of an expensive synth.

having a bunch of these cheap cpus doesn't bother me... but it's better to
have the control engine and the sample engine on the same one - having
the two on the same cpu (or at least, sharing the same cacheable memory
space) means that the control data doesn't have to be moved - the
bandwidth for that can be significant, if you want a decent control rate
(500Hz minimum) and a good number of parameters and resolution. Probably
you can pursuade these boards to communicate fast enough to handle that
sort
of level, but why go to that effort? One can achieve this kind of spec with
the control engine using only 10-20% CPU sharing with the audio (70%) etc
etc... plus, they should be synchronised, to get everything interpolated
correctly etc :)

did i ever mention arm running linux ;)

Tony (HB)