Apple: meh

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Tue Jun 11 00:11:13 CEST 2013

On 10 jun. 2013, at 21:43, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:

> Geeze, I'm completely underwhelmed by anything Apple released today.  Anyone else see anything interesting?  iOS7 seems .. garish .. the new Mac Pro: proprietary crap .. incremental bumps on the Mac Air (double-meh!) and .. what else, exactly?
>
> C'mon, music-bar, gimme what I need to feel a fanboix again ..

I'm happy to see OS X getting some love (hate the naming scheme though). App-nap and timer coalescence is very cool. Now reading the docs... Also happy to hear that an iWork update is coming again.

iOS 7, well, just downloaded it... I'll judge it when I see it. I'm not such a hater of textures and shadows, I think they often provide affordance. Also, I kind of like it when different apps have distinct looks (such as the yellow paper background in Notes).

Oh, inter-app audio in iOS 7 should be good :)

Mac Pro looks very nice I think. Don't need it. Waiting for the new Haswell 15" Retina... (although I'd love a new 17").

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL