Grrr Linux

K9 Kai Niggemann kai at kainiggemann.com
Wed Jul 31 00:03:23 CEST 2013

I can't offer any help, but I am very interested in this thread. Tending toward Open Source Software heavily...

There was a posting by San Fran sound artist Kim Cascone a while ago (before 10.10) when he described how to switch from Mac to Ubuntu.

I also found a AV Linux Distro that seems recent - but the install folder was empty and I could not get it to boot from USB, so I haven't invested any more time into that.

A while ago (10.10) I tried Ubuntu on my Macbook from a CD and was quite impressed (not so much by the speed but that was mentioned in the docs as a problem when booting from CD.

Kai