PCIe soundcards on a budget ?

Cyrille Damez cyrille.damez at laposte.net
Thu Jul 18 23:26:29 CEST 2013

On Thursday 18 July 2013 01:32:51 Peter Korsten wrote:

> Creative have quite a diverse range of cards; maybe there's something
> for you?
>
> http://en.europe.creative.com/p/sound-blaster

Looking at their website, they seem to be targeting more the home cinema/gaming market than the hobbyist audio unfortunately.

> No idea about Linux compatibility, but it should be OK I think.
>
> Finally, you might be able to use an HDMI output as a digital output,
> although likely compressed.

The digital out is required for the radio broadcast. It needs to be as neutral as possible. Is the HDMI audio supposed to be compressed ? I'm afraid I have zero knowledge of what's going on with audio signals for video...

Thanks for the input.