Aurora

Paul Maddox yo at vacoloco.net
Mon Jan 28 23:43:41 CET 2013

So, today I got to work on Aurora.
I dug out an old multipurpose CPU board I made a few years back (anyone
remember the Zeit sequencer? I did the CPU board for that and had a couple
made for myself).
I've modified it a little and got the LCD display and ADCs working. It's
hooked up to the voice card (not yet talking to it) and sometime this week
I'll be seeing if I can get it to control the voice card (as I have an LFO
on the voice, see if I can change the LFO rate, shape, etc).

I think for the prototype I'll go with an LCD (2 row, 40 column) 8 knobs
and a bank of switches (one switch for VCF, one for LFO, etc). When you
push "VCF" the display shows the VCF parameters and the knobs will change
the corresponding parameter/value.
Not a great UI, but until I know all the functions that I'll be adding, it
seems a sensible way of doing things.

Paul
http://blog.VacoLoco.com