Well don't I feel silly...

Michael Zacherl mubar04 at blauwurf.at
Tue Jan 22 18:01:59 CET 2013

On 22.1.2013, at 16:51 , Tony Scharf wrote:

> ..and if anyone can help, my German is non-existent.

I'm busy like hell in hell, but in very short:

It's about 15% size of the original unlike the Legacy controller which =
was about 20%.
So it's not the remaining Legacy cases rather then a new housing with a =
"especially developed kbd".
USB-MDI (no specs what's gonna be controlled)
The main pcb is equivalent to the original one, components as close to =
the original as possible.
no comments about the filter, they assume it's rather the Korg-35 like =
in the Monotron (yeah! - hopefully much less noisy due to a proper =
operating voltage! my comment;-) )
Project team were the old hands from the back days.
You get the original manual and patch sheets (flute anyone?)
the rest is editor blah about a golden future of this thing.
hth - m.

<peter at severity-one.com> wrote:
> 2013/1/21 Andrew Tarpinian <andrewtarpinian at gmail.com>
> On Jan 21, 2013, at 4:26 PM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> > Watches stopped being time-telling devices a long time ago. It's an =
auxiliary function on what is essentially a fashion item.
>=20
> I don't think so, I think you are going to see more separation of =
tasks in the near future. Today most people check the time on their =
phone. This involves:
>=20
> Take phone out of pocket
> Unlock
> Put in pas-code
> Notice you have a text
> Check text
> Check email
> Look at cool link to moog sub phatty
> Make comment: "moog rulez 4 3v3r!!!"
> Check Facebook
> Look at cat pictures
> Forget where you're going, check maps
> Put phone back in pocket
>=20
> Wonder what time it is.
>=20
> Far simpler to look at your watch
>=20
> That's not the fault of not having a watch, but of your phone having =
too many functions. :) Although I agree that looking at pictures of cats =
is one of the more useful innovations in mobile technology of the last =
decade or two. ;)
>=20
> Currently I'm using this watch again:
> http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watch_museum/s-mode/oberon/
>=20
> (And there's another Bar'ian that has this watch if I'm not mistaken.)
>=20
> It is, actually, far simpler to look at your phone than trying to =
decipher this watch. But you have so many clocks these days, whether on =
your phone, your tablet, your computer or on the wall, that watches have =
become superfluous, and that the most important reason to get on is to =
make a statement.

feed your perception: http://blauwurf.at
http://soundcloud.com/noiseconformist