Well don't I feel silly...

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 17:55:24 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com>wrote:

> Which is rather pathetic, considering your last name and your employer. ;-)

Ahh, but you forget that a lot of American last names are butchered
versions of their European counterparts.  'Scharf' was what the overworked
clerk at immigration wrote on my great-great grandfathers papers because he
couldn't understand the full Russian name (apparently, he had caught a bad
cold on the way over).

But that's not the whole story either.  I get my last name from my step
father.  I have absolutely no Russian in me at all.  I am actually Irish &
Chippewa Indian on my biological fathers side and Italian and English on my
mothers.  (and, no I don't speak Chippewa either).

As to my employment....the official language of the company is English and
while its wise to speak German if your on a call with the executive board
members, I don't usually have that privilege (if you could call it that).

Tony

NoiseTheorem:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NoiseTheorem
SoundCloud:http://soundcloud.com/noisetheorem