Well don't I feel silly...

Paul Maddox yo at vacoloco.net
Mon Jan 21 21:25:09 CET 2013

Andy,

One thing Moog has going for it is they are all handbuilt in the USA by
> people that I'm sure love their job. If you watch some of the the behind
> the scenes videos from uniquesquared http://youtu.be/r-SbDJBtdVc

so, you'd buy a Morgan rather than a sierra because it's handbuilt?
or because of the name and reputation?

Though I believe it's the same thing with Dave Smith and his stuff is a
> little cheaper. I think it's because they save money on case (ugly as sin)
> and terrible preset design.

I think Moog are also trading on the brand name a lot.

> The drastic low prices for arturia and korg has a lot to do with way
> cheaper manufacturing.

undoubtedly, but if the arturia synth had the same spec as a voyager, would
you pay the same price?
unlikley.....

brand is a VERY powerful thing, want an example?
Watches.... tell me how a $10,000 rolex tells the time better than a $1.99
watch from japan?
Perhaps the example is a bit extreme, but essentially they both do the same
function, you look at it, and you read the time.

Paul