Facebook for bands

Andrew Robinson andrew at bml.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 21:42:04 CET 2013

On 18 January 2013 20:22, punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:

> Any good tips for a band page?  When setting up, do I pretend it’s a
> person eg:
>
> ** **
>
> Firstname: punk****
>
> Surname: disco****
>
> Etc ??****

No, this is against their rules and they might delete the 'person' at any
time. Make an account for you, and a page for the band.

> Im defo not using my surname for the band page as I don’t like the two to
> be connected..****
>
> ** **
>
> If I sign up personally, is there any advanages in having a specialy FB
> only email address?  Im worried about digial footprints etc..

Not really, Facebook has it's own email-like massaging system, quite
spam-free as only people you've set as friends can mail you.

My biggest tip is to install FB Purity from http://www.fbpurity.com ....it
lets you turn off a lot of the junk in the page design.

- Andy_R