Yamaha RM1X

Romain / rXg xtechcode at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 19:40:29 CET 2013

Komatos, Thank you
This is why i m doubting ... :)
pay more and get rec samples + editing live ... or pay less and get the
RM1X ...
But since one of my friend got the RM1X .. I quite temped to buy the
Rs7000... ( specially after barians advices)
The only thing which could be a small issue for me is that it  takes a bit
less than a minute to slice in section a sample ...
Also the RS7000 is  bigger than the RM1X ...and to be sincere my living
room is not a living room anymore...  it s a "playing room" ! :P but empty
places are quite missing ... ( new device => new 3d tetris trip
organisation  in my so called living room )... and last time I had to
rearrange my setup ... I broke my Udu ... sniff sniff  :(

btw does anyone know about the sound in the  banks of the RS7000 ?  do the
RS7000 has more or less the same sound bank as the RM1X or is it completely
different ?
The most  i found about RS7000 on youtube are mostly for RAP music imo,
while for the RM1X i found also psychedelic trip ...
( but i didn t watch all of them yet ),,,

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Komatos <komatos at comcast.net> wrote:

>  Definitely the RS7000. Has a sampler (the RM1x doesn't) and with the
> latest OS update (1.22) has the ability to start/stop recording without
> ever stopping playback.
>
> --komatos/wasted
> home.comcast.net/~komatos
> Twitter: @KomatosRecords
>

> On Jan 16, 2013, at 12:30 PM, "Romain / rXg" <xtechcode at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Thank you Jay and everybody for the advices ...
> now I m doubting between RS 7000 and the RM1X ...
>  :-)
>
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Jay Vaughan <seclorum at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> > I discovered the same inconvenience with it ...  but i saw that we can
>> find
>> > it now days around 150 euro ( which is not so much) ...
>> > And to be sincere it s  more stable than Software plugins imo ... ;)
>> > I will maybe buy it if i find it around this price ...
>>

>> Its a good price, but you will need to prepare yourself for a lot of
>> mode-switching in the flow of writing.  For some its okay, but for me I
>> found it difficult to stay focused in between PLAY->RECORD->EDIT->PLAY
>> switching.  I have had my RM1x paired up with the QY700 on occasion, this
>> actually works nicely to switch back and forth.

> --
> Romain

Romain