Moooooooooog

Paul Maddox yo at vacoloco.net
Sat Jan 12 22:59:07 CET 2013

> http://mutable-instruments.net
> I have this: http://mutable-instruments.net/anushri
> .. now paired with my SH101, and I will use this rig as my main instrument
> this year.

Olivier REALLY knows his stuff, I have a Shruti and it sounds amazing.
I'm not a fan of the UI on the Shruti (I seem to get lost a lot of the
time).

> http://www.critterandguitari.com
> Easy to build and instantly useful for many different things, simple
> digital mono-synth (open source, fun to refactor), MIDI command-station,
> drum-synth, sequencer modes, &etc.  Put it in your own damn case.

nice idea, not a fan of the sound but I like the imlementation.

> http://vacoloco.net/
> GORF, ZIRA, TRON, These have been very interesting kits. My only regret is
> that I don't have 4 Ziras, but even one alone is a fat, fat, fat, FAAATT
> sound source.  I've done a few of Pauls things now, and still have a few
> more to make.  :)  He knows I'm a fanboix, so enough said.

haha, thanks, I do appreciate it :)
I'll be making more Zira's soon.

FWIW, the Meeblip is also pretty nifty.

Of course, its a matter of taste, but these micro-kit level products are at
> the scale of interesting, in my opinion.  There are of course a whole
> plethora of new kits out there too, this is just what I've gotten into so
> far, but yeah .. I think hobbyist micro-sales are thriving, personally.

I think it's a good way to get into synths and such.
Plus I kinda like the challenge of seeing what I can fit in a little space.

I think the little things give people a chance to mix and match, even on a
low budget.

> Or at least they bloody should be considering how many blinkilights I've
> got yet still to assemble .. ;)

haha, never ending isn't it :)
You can't beat flashing lights.

Paul