Tempest

Jay Vaughan seclorum at mac.com
Tue Jan 8 09:24:26 CET 2013

These synths are great and everything, but don't you guys think enough is enough when it comes to buying overpriced gear?  DSI is charging 5 times what the synth is actually worth, because of the brand and name associated with it - and little else.

There are much more interesting things happening on the lower end, in my opinion, where innovation is actually occurring.  The mutable-instruments stuff just kicks ass .. interesting integration of sequencers, new approach to the drum problem, and so on.  Every time someone buys a DSI, they miss out on 3 or 4 mutables/vacoloco's .. and I think thats just a pity.

We synth consumers have got to start punishing the big guys for selling their stuff for so damn much money.  The profit margin on your average volks-synth is outrageous.. I mean, truly outrageous.