Tempest

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Mon Jan 7 22:04:59 CET 2013

Op 7-1-2013 21:56, Tony Scharf schreef:
> Battery is on the way out.   Eventually, imho, they need to give
> maschine the full battery voice for its playback engine (or at
> least as an option).
>
> Of course, by the time they do that, NI will have determined
> Maschine is too expensive to develop further and will try to
> force us all to buy Komschinelete: the new ultimate standard that
> they will develop forever (we promise).  But you have to buy all
> your sound libraries again, because translating them would be
> economically unfeasible.

I hear you.

Personally, I'm sort of fed up with buying updates. There's just
too many of them, and it takes too much time to learn all the new
options - and there's the cost, of course.

I will update Ableton Live, and all the iPad apps, but that's it.

Same with alle the new hardware models. I understand why they are
doing it, but is it necessary to keep trading your old gear? I
sort of feel it's a shame, and most of the time you'll lose a
fair amount of money on it.

Oh, well, back to work. Good to see some peeps still having time
to tweak the old knobs. Hehehe ;-)

Cheers,

Gert

--