Tempest

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 21:11:52 CET 2013

Hey James

"I sat down with one at a friends and I was really underwhelmed, especially given the price tag.  It just really left me flat.  That being said, I really haven’t liked the sound of any of the new Dave Smith stuff so maybe it’s just me."

Im with you on this one..  I also have a PEK (used to own a MED) and there is something about it which just does not quite grab me.  Like you, Im big time into programming synths so its not a preset thing..

Btw, I also agree with you about the Voyager which I owned for a few years..  I found it very uninspiring; too refined and tame..

Im really tempted by the Tempest despite my apathetic view of DSI..  I think I really want to fall in love with the idea but Im concerned the reality will be disappointing..  Saying this, if I ever saw one for a good price Im sure I would jump at the chance to run it side by side my 999/Machine/Spark and then make a decision on which one(s) I sell..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Text SLUT to: 29 7 29 7