Waldorf Rocket

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sat Feb 23 11:15:38 CET 2013

Op 23-2-2013 07:49, Paul Maddox schreef:

>    they had some great stuff, microwave, pulse, wave. But I think they
> fell into the microsoft way of beta testing, "release it quick, let
> the users find the bugs and then issue patches/updates". which has the
> advantage that you get your product to market quick, which is
> important in business.. but do it too often and keep making mistakes,
> people won't trust your product.

Well, we're at that stage at work right now, QA testing the stuff I
wrote a year ago. So I can see where they're coming from, let's do it
quick and everything. Fine. But at least, keep supporting your products,
and don't come up with a new one (again full of bugs) because that means
you stop fixing bugs in existing products. And with that, they threw
away their greatest asset: their customers.

I used to get updates for my Nokia E72 over two years after the thing
came to market, and I was probably the only person in the world still
using one. Apple gets out updates for their older models as well.
Microsoft keeps supporting their products for 5 to 10 years. And
technology moves a whole lot quicker in that area than with synths.

For me personally, it also puts a lot of doubt in their development
team. It's not _that_ difficult to employ techniques and methodologies
that try to minimise the amount of bugs you produce.

>    Like I say, I hope they turn it around and manage to get the rocket
> and pulse 2 out soon.

Wait, see, keep fingers crossed. :-)

- Peter