DSI Prophet 12

Michael Zacherl mubar04 at blauwurf.at
Tue Feb 5 13:15:07 CET 2013

exactly my thought!
And while I can understand the lust for ancient equipment to some degree I don't see the
point not to be able to create wonderful sounds and music without such instruments.
I can see the wish to create wonderful music and sounds with some particular "vintage aesthetics",
but those aesthetics don't necessarily need to be a precise copy of the original origin to convey the feel!
At some point it may be easier and maybe more feasible to fire up the old PPG/Prophet/Moog/303/...
but it's about the music - and there, I think, quite a few people might be missing the point!
My 2.718281828459 c (owning old stuff as well).

Without any further infos beforehand it was obvious just from the raw specs that
the P-12 will utilise digital oscillators.
I'm waiting for the user's manual.
And a proper demo. ;-)
I'm curious.

--