RPM 2013

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Fri Feb 1 18:44:55 CET 2013

Op 1-2-2013 09:39, Jay Vaughan schreef:

>> If its cooler and humid...check for mold.  House plants or gardens or even
>> your house itself depending on its materials.
> Yeah, this is a lot more insidious than one might think at first.

The climate has something to do with it. Yes, houses tend to be very
humid here, but I don't think it's to do with mould. Having said that,
I'm thinking of getting a dehumidifier, because I think it's the
humidity itself that is causing havoc.

Whereas in western Europe spring would be the worst time for people with
allergies or asthma, here in the Mediterranean it's winter. But today
was a glorious, sunny day, promising what lies ahead. Even saw a Smart
convertible with the top down.

It's odd, it's like there are only two seasons: summer and winter. Trees
don't lose their leaves, so they're green all year round. What happens
is that there are a few weeks between summer and winter that they call
"in-between weather".

I'll give the mould some more thought, though. I've never seen it (other
than right underneath the leaking solar water heater, which I then
treated with an anti-fungal wash), but that obviously doesn't mean there
isn't any.

- Peter