A cure for 'Flu?

Paul Maddox yo at vacoloco.net
Fri Feb 1 06:03:06 CET 2013

Some interesting stuff there.

Joey Jay stands out to me, very early human league
Paulo Di Nicolantonio, also (I don't care what others say, I love that DX7
bass sound) great pad sound and good drum programming too.

I think it's great people do this kind of thing :)
I'd love to hear some early stuff from famous people, just see what it
sounds like (which BTW, Sigue Sigue Sputnik are doing at the moment, and
some of it is truly awful).

On a similar note, I recently bought myself a tape deck, because I have
about 25 C90s full is stuff I recorded in the mid80s/early90s when my gear
pile was at it's peek (e.g. DR55, tr606, tr909, drumulator, 2xmc202, juno6,
juno60, monopoly, emu emax, poly800, tx81z, x7000, E&MM spectrum, sh09, DX7
II, SCI sixtrack, alphajuno, pro-24, seck 24:8:2mixer, and a load more).

Some of what I've done is uploaded here -
http://vacoloco.net/mymusic/(near the bottom), check the "state of
mind" section for early 90s (when
the gear pile was at it's largest), below that there's some stuff from the
80s.

Paul